Can you be lesbian, gay, bisexual,
transgender, queer or intersex…
Yes! Many of us grew up Catholic or otherwise found ourselves in the Catholic tradition. And we also found ourselves GLBTQI. So over 40 years ago, we founded a community here in Denver for people like us. And we've been an advocate for integrating our spirituality and justice ever since.
We celebrate the authentic Catholic Mass with an ordained priest every Sunday. We welcome people of every sexual orientation and gender identity, those who have divorced & remarried, and anyone who has felt excluded from other faith communities. We accept seekers from every faith background.
We welcome the gifts of each person at our door. And we welcome you.
ADVENT & CHRISTMAS
Advent is a time of preparation leading up to Christmas, and this year it begins Sunday, November 28th and continues for three weeks until Christmas.
Given its importance, Dignity Denver will be celebrating Mass at 5 PM every Sunday during Advent! Those dates will be: November 28th, December 5th, December 12th, December 19th
Dignity Denver will then celebrate a Mass on Christmas Eve, which this year is on a Friday (December 24th). The time for that will be 8 PM.
Everybody is welcome at all of these events!
All of these services (except for the social following Mass on December 19th) will be at our usual place of worship (1100 Fillmore Street, Denver). And, we will be doing both an "in-sanctuary" and a Zoom of the liturgies.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE RECENT CHANGES REGARDING COVID PROTOCOLS:
1. PLEASE BRING AND USE YOUR OWN MASK.
2. We will no longer gather around the altar during Communion. And, everyone will be asked to practice 6 foot social distancing when coming and going, and seating themselves in the sanctuary.
3. The Communion cup for the faithful will be shared on an ad hoc basis, depending on who is in attendance. The Communion host will continue to be provided regularly, however. Our usual practice of holding hands during the singing of the Lord's Prayer will be discontinued.
4. There will be no handshake of peace, to be replaced by a reverential bow from a distance.
5. Our Priest and Liturgical Assistant will use hand sanitizer prior to and during the preparation and distribution of the Eucharist.
6. A collection basket will not be passed around, but instead will be placed at the end of a pew toward the front of the church.
We recognize that many of you will wish to join us via Zoom. Please contact us for a Zoom link.
We continue to invite you to become a registered member of Dignity Denver so we may continue our important work for a more-inclusive Church. Applications are available online. The annual membership dues are $50 and a portion goes to Dignity USA. No one will be denied membership for inability to pay dues.